The energy transition requires a profound transformation in the way we produce and use energy. We can only make this happen with a broad range of technologies—and it is becoming clear that among them will be carbon capture, sequestration and utilization. However, developing and financing such projects will involve overcoming a whole series of sometimes novel challenges in a field that is still rapidly developing. Understanding federal and state policies and incentives, obtaining permits, making equipment and technical choices, negotiating contract issues between emitters and decarbonization developers, and structuring deals to meet the needs of investors, lenders and tax-equity: these must all be tackled to bring a decarbonization project into reality.
Infocast has created this course in conjunction with active participants in the pioneering decarbonization projects to provide in-depth education and critical market information that those who seek to develop such projects cannot do without. This unique course will:
- Provide guidance on dealing with the unique permitting, siting and risk assessment aspects of these new types of projects
- Explain in depth the 45Q provisions and IRS-issued guidance, and identify the potential ownership and project structuring pitfalls
- Hear directly from tax equity, development capital and cash equity providers on what they look for in these new types of assets
- Walk you through how to structure your decarbonization projects to take maximum advantage of federal and state policies and incentive programs, and other potential revenue streams
- Latest information from emitters looking to install these systems, and the developers working on Direct Air Capture projects
- Deliver a review of the various types of carbon capture equipment, and where each may be best employed
The curriculum has been designed to allow professionals to fully grasp today’s most important topics, including:
- Using 45Q tax equity, DOE loan guarantee, RUS finance, California LCFS CCS and other emerging government programs
- Gain an understanding of the technologies employed for emissions and carbon capture, including their costs and performance
- Apply the lessons learned in carbon pipeline, sequestration and EOR projects
- Learn what needs to be done to structure projects to gain development capital, equity and tax equity investments
Register here: https://infocastinc.com/event/ccs-decarbonization-project-development/
Carbon Engineering’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Kerri Fox, will share key insights as a Contributing Instructor for this Master Class.