The FOCUS! Teacher’s Climate Change Collaborative is an immersive, learning experience involving British Columbia secondary school teachers and resource guests who will develop an enhanced understanding of climate change topics for the classroom. The 5-day Focus! Teacher’s Climate Change Collaborative aims to achieve the following goals:
- Create innovative pedagogical strategies that foster a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) approach in the classroom;
- Empower teachers to share their enthusiasm, knowledge and inspiration for new school-wide initiatives; and,
- Develop a community of like-minded colleagues to seek reflective feedback on student learning activities, awareness and action.
If you are a British Columbia secondary school teacher (Grade 8-12) who is:
- Passionate about teaching and learning;
- Experimental with your pedagogical approaches;
- Excited by multidisciplinary learning modules;
- Creative in delivering climate change content;
- Curious about what others are doing;
- Wanting to deepen your own knowledge about climate change;
- Inspired by the innovations and actions of others;
- Reflective about the opportunities for, and challenges presented by, teaching climate change content;
- Driven to empower student learning; and,
- Willing to immerse in a week-long collaborative design process.
Teachers in both BC public and independent school systems are eligible to apply.