Panel: Accelerating technology-based carbon removals: BECCS and DAC
Starting from a general state of play with bioenergy with CCS (BECCS) and direct air capture (DAC), this panel discussion will explore the path forward to accelerate their uptake. With the view of providing solutions on how to accelerate the emerging technology-based CDR ecosystem, the panel will focus on capital investment needs, policy framing and support, technology development, supply chain growth, civil society engagement, and early deployment experience to date. The panel will also identify needs for coordination across various sectors and regions globally.
Carbon Engineering’s VP Business Development, Anna Stukas, will be speaking on this panel which will cover the following key themes:
• What is the status of BECCS and DAC technologies?
• What are the key technology, systemic and supply chain challenges for their uptake?
• Who are the key players in the emerging CDR market ecosystem and how can they work together?
• How can policy-makers accelerate carbon dioxide removal technologies?
• What is the role of carbon markets (both voluntary and mandatory) in accelerating CDR?